After updating the MobileTrust app to version 4.0 or later, you may see the following error when logging in:
"There was a problem migrating your existing Password Vault contents, and a backup file (archive.zip) has been automatically created for you. It is important that you save this backup to your computer using iTunes/Finder File Sharing before uninstalling/reinstalling the app."
If you DO NOT have any important data saved in the MobileTrust Password Vault or One-Time Passwords sections, you can resolve the issue by simply deleting the MobileTrust app then redownloading it from the App Store.
If you DO have important data saved in the MobileTrust Password Vault or One-Time Passwords sections, you must perform the following:
- Save a copy of MobileTrust's "Archive.zip" file to your computer.
- If you're using macOS Catalina, use the Finder to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device.
- If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC, use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device.
- After you have saved a copy of "Archive.zip", delete the MobileTrust app.
- Redownload the MobileTrust app from the App Store.
- Launch the MobileTrust app, then log in again.
- Transfer the "Archive.zip" file from your computer back into the MobileTrust app using iTunes/Finder File Sharing.
- In the MobileTrust app, go to SETTINGS then tap "RESTORE MY DATA" and confirm you would like to restore your data.
- Log in to MobileTrust again.
At this point, you should be at the MobileTrust Main Menu and all of your existing Password Vault and One-Time Passwords data should be accessible.